Bristol Cultural Development Partnership (BCDP) is looking for a new chair of our board of directors.
BCDP is a unique organisation – a long-standing partnership project of Bristol City Council, Business West, the University of Bristol and the University of the West of England with support from Arts Council England. Over the past 25 years, our work has helped to establish Bristol as a city of ideas where a broad range of diverse ideas on all areas of life and culture are celebrated, shared, debated, challenged, welcomed and put into action.
A new chair of our board should be committed to BCDP’s vision and mission, and be able to provide strategic leadership and vision to our board, staff, funders and audiences. They will be a passionate advocate for the value of culture as a key place-making tool for a city and region.
This is an exciting moment to lead the board of BCDP. Having recently celebrated our 25th anniversary, we are in moment of reflection and possible change. The cultural context of both the city and region is changing, funding climates are uncertain and partnership working has never been more essential. We need a chair who will ensure excellent governance, encouraging all board members to provide leadership and guidance and working in partnership with the BCDP staff to help us fulfil our ambitions.
Andrew Kelly, Director, BCDP
What we do
- build partnerships which bring together people, organisations, business and public bodies for successful project ideas and delivery;
- develop effective programmes of fundraising which cover the financial costs of this work allowing organisations and artists to do the work they want to do;
- produce books, events, exhibitions, schools activities and other works which are known for their high quality, innovation and city-wide engagement;
- create and support new ideas and new projects which help make Bristol a cultural centre of excellence in many ways.
How to Apply
Do take the time to read the role description and information pack. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- A comprehensive CV and the details of two referees (referees will not be contacted without your prior knowledge and consent)
- A 500-word statement on why this opportunity excites you, what you feel you have to offer and the range of experience you bring
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Applications close at midday on Monday 8 April.